Sunday, November 6, 2011

The DERBY!!!

Last night there was the first ever Elwood Branch Pinewood Derby and it was a BLAST! My dad is the scout master of our fairly new Cub Scout program. The derby wasn't regulation because it was for the whole branch and Dad just wanted to show the boys what one would be like. We ended up making like five cars, half of them Eli's.
And here they are..

Cute, right?
Well, anyways, after the Branch Thanksgiving dinner we all adjourned to the Primary room where we had set up the derby track the night before and began the Children's Division.



After a couple elimination rounds my cosin Boston was declared The Grand Champ of the Children's Division. Go Boston!!!
We also then moved on to do The Adult's races. Emma and I both raced in the adults races. I didn't get to build a car of my own, so I used the good old pink car, which had proven itself to be pretty fast in the other division when Naomi and Ruth raced it.


And guess what?!? I actually won out of The Adult division!:) I got a little trophy and everything. Very nice, right? Well the Pinewood Derby was TONS OF FUN, I loved it
and know that everyone really enjoyed it!

No comments: