Have you ever done anything that was very, very, very embarrassing at the time and possibly still is? Yep, I'm sure you have, and if you haven't, well, you are one of the few people who have not been scarred by absolute humiliation.
Just recently Emma and I were home cleaning our room on a Thursday night (actually just last Thursday night) while Mom was out with Naomi, Ruthie, and Eli at Eli's wrestling practice. We were goofing off and being real idiots and singing this one song because it was stuck in our heads. Did I tell you yet that it was a Barbie song of all things?
So we are singing this song and a fateful phone call comes that will change the course of my peace of mind.(du du daaa !!!!!)
The Fateful Phone Call
This is the interchange that went between me and the person I thought was my Mom.
Me:(singing) If I could just wish for one thing, it'd be the smile that you bring, whoooowhoooa, two voices one song... (I THOUGHT IT WAS MY MOM!!)
Me: (confused at why my mom didn't cut my song off short)Um...Hello?
Other End: Hello, this is Brother Smith*....
Me:(silent, shocked, utterly embarrassed..)
Brother Smith: Was that a voice mail?
Me: Umm.... Yeah.
That is all that I can remember. I'm pretty sure I was supposed to take a message but I sorta blanked out and just said goodbye really quickly when he was done talking to me.
Oh dear. I am so embarrassed...
*Names have been changed because like I said...I'm still very embarrassed.
No comments:
Post a Comment